- Wash the vehicle by hand with
cool water and a very mild car wash solution
using a soft cloth or sponge.
- Always use clean fresh water.
- Wash your vehicle in the shade
- Do not use a commercial car wash.
Stiff brushes or sponges could mar the finish
and damage the surface.
- Do not "dry wipe" your
vehicle. Dry wiping can scratch the finish.
- Do not drive on gravel roads.
Chipping the finish is easily done in the first
- Avoid parking under trees and
utility lines which are likely to attract birds.
Bird droppings have a high acid content and
will damage a freshly painted surface. Also,
tree sap can mar or spot a freshly painted surface.
- Do not spill gasoline, oil, antifreeze,
transmission fluid, or windshield solvent on
the new finish. · Do not scrape ice or
snow from the newly painted surface.
Do not wax or
polish the vehicle. This will allow the finish
to dry and harden completely.